Kirby Farm House
While the history of the Kirby Farm closely parallels that of Germantown, local authority (in the form of the office of the Justice of the Peace, the post office and the polling place for Civil District II) was first established on the Kirby Farm site in the home of Eppy White. The change in location of local authority to Germantown did not occur until 1837, when White moved from the area to his new home at White Station.
Wilks Brooks purchased the Kirby Farm tract from Eppy White in 1837 and held it until the time of his death in 1849. The Brooks Family lived near the present intersection of Kirby Road and Old Poplar Pike and maintained close social and economic ties to daily life in Germantown.... more history